Following on the heels of Scottie McClellan's disclosure that yes, Bush and his cabinet repeatedly lied about outing a CIA agent who was monitoring Iran, and just as there was no one who knew what was going on at Alberto Gonzales' Justice Department, Feith says the Defense Department, CIA, and all of the other branches of the Bush Assministration were also completely clueless, therefore supporting Feith's conclusion that he was so right and everyone else is to blame for all of the grotesque and eminently predictable fuck ups arising from the American invasion, destruction and armed occupation of Iraq. Although the book isn't out yet, drafts are public and some excerpts are set forth below.
Keeping with the spirit of Feith's book in which responsibility is avoided like the plague, one of the quotes below is from noted accountability dodger Homer Simpson. See if you can guess which one:
- The whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time.
- Sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making someone else look bad.
- Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
- Everything looks bad if you remember it.
- It takes two to lie: One to lie and one to listen.
- It was like that when I got here.
- I don't have to be careful. I got a gun.