Friday, November 2, 2007

Christianity, Republican Style


There's good news from up the road in Baltimore. A jury there found the Phelps family and the Westboro Baptist Church liable for 11 million dollars to the family of a dead soldier for its extreme and outrageous conduct during his funeral. This verdict is just what Phelps needs to really get his message out to promote ignorance, superstition, intolerance, bigotry and hatred. I agree 100% with their view that the Christian God hates people and wants them to die. Way to go Phelps!

The bad news is that many so-called experts believe that the verdict will be vacated by the judge because of something called the First Amendment. I don't know what that it, as the only amendment I recognize is the one about militias and guns. You all know that as far as I am concerned, the Constitution can and should be ignored; and Congress has been right helpful in letting me do that any time I want. Moreover, you also know that I don't need no stinking experts, what with their knowledge and training and experience. What good have any of those things ever done anyone? Lastly, the trial judge is a Republican, so there's no way he's one of them activist judges that will substitute his view for the jury.

No comments: